Christmas and New Year’s was a busy time for the U15 Youth League, and we found it difficult to keep up with everything going on in all four zones. Week 9 was the last of the season for the Goa Zone (Group C), while week 10 saw the last match of the Kolkata-Jamshedpur Zone (Group A) being played. This weekend, Week 11, saw the last match of the Maharashtra Zone (Group B) being played. Let’s catch up on everything we’ve missed, and see how Groups A, B and C ended the season!

Here’s a quick look at the scores of all the matches played over the last 3 weeks:

Week 9:

U15 Youth League Week 9 Match Results

Week 10:

U15 Youth League Week 10 Match Results 

Week 11:

I League U15 Results Week 11


Kolkata-Jamshedpur Zone (Group A)

On Christmas Day, Group A’s Mohun Bagan AC U15 played host to Mohammedan SC U15. At the end of the first half, it was hard to pick out the more dominant team, and the stalemate continued well into the second half. Just before the final whistle was blown, a pass from Mohammedan Sporting’s Rahul Sarkar gave Surajuddin Munshi the help he needed to net the ball in the 84th minute. The ref blew the full-time whistle 8 minutes later, and Mohammedan Sporting walked away with a 1-0 win.

On the 27th of December, Tata Football Academy U15 faced East Bengal FC U15. In the first half itself, TFA was put on a bit of a back foot when Chaitan Hansdah was shown a yellow by the ref. Two quick goals by East Bengal in the 67th and 73rd minute, further weakened their resolve, and TFA lost 2-0. On the 28th, SAI-East U15 went head-to-head with top of the table, United SC U15. Both teams played well, and the match ended in a goalless draw.

This year was off to an interesting start, with TFA playing SAI-East on the 2nd of January. SAI-East got the advantage early on when Souvik Ghoshal scored their first goal in the 42nd minute. Another goal in the 45th minute gave SAI-East a 2-0 lead by halftime. In the second half, another 3 goals secured their fate, and TFA was unable to fight back. The match ended 5-0 in favour of SAI-East.

On Sunday the 3rd, Group A’s last two matches were played simultaneously. United SC played host to Mohun Bagan, and East Bengal hosted Mohammedan Sporting. United SC secured their place at the top of the table with a facile 7-0 victory over Mohun Bagan, while Mohammedan took an easy 2-0 victory over East Bengal.

Here’s what the final Group A table looks like:

U15 Youth League Group A

Maharashtra Zone (Group B)

Group B played 6 matches over weeks 9 and 10, before playing their last 3 matches in week 11. On the 26th of December, Steadfast Mumbai Rush SC U15 played Kenkre FC U15, and PIFA Sports U15 played Pune FC U15. Steadfast grabbed the lead when Abel Fernandes netted the ball in the 31st minute, and Kenkre were unable to respond when the half time whistle blew. In the second half, however, Kenkre came back with renewed strength, and scored 3 goals in quick succession. Krish Adhikari scored in the 61st minute, and then Shivnarayan Gupta went on to score in the 67th and 82nd minute, ending the match 3-1 in Kenkre’s favour. At the Cooperage ground, PIFA were unable to fight back against Pune FC, who scored in the 32nd and 88th minute, walking away with a 2-0 win.

On the 27th, Cooperage saw another match being played – this time between Mumbai FC U15 and DSK Shivajians FC U15. Mumbai FC had a 2-0 lead as early as the 9th minute, but in the 19th minute, Piyush Joshi scored for DSK, closing the gap between the teams. Mumbai FC’s Clivert Millar scored in the 23rd minute, restoring his team’s two-goal lead. Just before the half time whistle, Piyush Joshi scored a second goal for DSK – bringing the goal gap back down to 1. In the 51st minute, a hat-trick from Joshi saw DSK equalising with Mumbai FC! Shreyas Sail and Clivert Millar assisted each other in scoring two goals in the 72nd and 85th minute, and the match ended with Mumbai FC winning 5-3.

On the 2nd of January, Kenkre FC hosted Mumbai FC at the Cooperage Ground. Although Mumbai were quick to respond to Kenkre’s 2nd minute goal with an equaliser in the 9th minute, Sanaathan Sridhar scored for Kenkre in the 81st minute. The match ended 2-1 in Kenkre’s favour, leaving Mumbai FC with their first loss of the season.

On the 3rd of January, Pune FC beat DSK Shivajians FC 3-0! Goals in the 8th and 80th minute by Akash Banerjee, and in the 78th minute by Cladeo Nongpluh only strengthened their position at the top of the table. Steadfast Mumbai Rush SC U15 played host to PIFA Sports U15 for the second game on the 3rd. Aniket Panchal and Akash C Jadhav scored in the 7th and 66th minute respectively, giving PIFA a 2-0 victory over the hosts.

PIFA Sports U15 met Kenkre FC U15 at the Cooperage ground on Saturday evening. Quick off the whistle, Kenkre’s Sanaathan Sridhar netted the ball in the 4th minute, giving Kenkre a one goal lead. He was later shown a yellow in the 41st minute, and two of his team mates, Nathan De Rozario and Amaan Sheikh were also shown yellow cards in the 1st and 2nd minute of stoppage time. Taking advantage of this, PIFA’s Akash Jadhav kicked the ball past the goalie, equalising the score just before the half time whistle. Early on in the second half, Kenkre reclaimed their lead when Krish Adhikari scored in the 58th minute. Determined on fighting back, Akash C Jadhav managed to score for PIFA in the 72nd minute, and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

On Sunday evening, the two biggest teams of the Maharashtra Zone played their last match of the season against each other. Pune FC hosted Mumbai FC at the Pune FC Training Pitches, Mamurdi. Mumbai FC’s top scorer, Clivert Millar scored off a pass from Sameer Kashyap in the 15th minute, giving Mumbai an early lead. Mumbai retained their lead well into the 2nd half, until a pass by Ishan Dey gave Muzaffar Ali a chance to equalise in the 60th minute. In the 73rd minute, Cladeo Nongpluh delivered an expert pass to Muzaffar Ali, who scored for the 2nd time, giving his team a 1-goal lead. The game ended at 2-1 in favour of Pune FC, the only team in the Maharashtra Zone to walk away without a single loss.

On Monday evening, DSK Shivajians FC U15 hosted Steadfast Mumbai Rush SC U15 at the DSK Football Field. Both teams were looking for their second win as they stepped onto the pitch. Unfortunately, the game ended in a goalless draw – quite an anticlimactic end for Group B.

With all the matches done and dusted, let’s take a look at the final standings in Group B:

U15 Youth League Group B

Goa Zone (Group C)

Group C’s second last match was played between SAI-Goa U15 and Dempo Sports Club U15 on the 28th of December. Dempo were quick to net the ball in the 8th minute, and SAI-Goa responded soon with an equaliser in the 25th minute. Both teams played well, and the game went on to end in a 1-1 draw.

The group’s last match was played on the 29th between Sporting Clube de Goa U15 and Salgaocar FC U15. Sporting Clube de Goa took the lead in the 30th minute when Aman Ulhas Govenkar kicked the ball passed the goalie. However, Salgaocar responded almost instantly with an equaliser 3 minutes later. In the second half, things got more interesting when Salgaocar scored another 3 goals, widening the gap between them and the hosts. Aman Ulhas Govenkar managed a brace by scoring again in the 76th minute, but Salgaocar scored another goal in the 78th minute, ending the match 5-2, in Salgaocar FC’s favour.

Done with all their matches, here’s the final Group C table:

U15 Youth League Group C

Guwahati-Shillong Zone (Group D)

The Guwahati-Shillong Zone (Group D) was the hub of action over the past few weeks in the U15 Youth League. On the 27th of December, Guwahati FC U15 had the home advantage as they beat SAI-Guwahati U15 1-0 when Kunal Goutam netted the ball in the 7th minute.

The following day, Royal Wahingdoh FC U15 hosted Gauhati Town Club U15 at the Mawlai Club Ground. The hosts grabbed the lead with a goal within the 1st minute, when Rheadolf Nelson Nongneng Daloi scored for Royal Wahingdoh. A goal by Thongram Santosh Singh gave the hosts a 2-goal advantage by the 30th minute. The second half had barely started, when Bhabokstar Shyrkon scored for Royal Wahingdoh in the 46th minute. Goals by Ahongshangbam Rakesh Singh and Abedniko Kurbah, as well as a brace by Phrangki Buam, gave Royal Wahingdoh a whopping 7-0 victory over Gauhati Town Club!

On the 29th of December, Rangdajied United FC U15 played Shillong Lajong FC U15. Goals in the 31st minute and 84th minute by Samuel J Lyngdoh Kynshi and Donboklang Lyngdoh respectively, gave Shillong Lajong an easy 2-0 victory over the hosts.

On the 2nd of January, Rangdajied United FC U15 played Royal Wahingdoh FC U15. Just before half-time, Diego Khyriem outsmarted the goalie and gave his team, Rangdajied United a one goal advantage. Royal Wahingdoh were able to equalise in the second half, when Phrangki Buam scored in the 61st minute. In the 72nd minute, a goal by Ahongshangbam Rakesh Singh gave Royal Wahingdoh the lead. In the first minute of stoppage time, Rheadolf Nelson Nongneng Daloi was able to score a third goal for Royal Wahingdoh, and the match ended 3-1 in their favour.

On the 3rd of January, Guwahati FC U15 played Shillong Lajong FC U15. Samuel J Lyngdoh Kynshi scored the only goal of the match in the 46th minute, with the match ending 1-0 in favour of Shillong Lajong.

SAI-Guwahati FC U15 played Gauhati Town Club U15 on the 4th of January. A brace by Raikut Shisha Buam gave SAI-Guwahati a 2-0 lead in the first half itself. Buhum Basumatary scored in the 57th minute, widening the gap between the two teams. Raikut Shisha Buam scored again in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to get his hattrick and give SAI-Guwahati an easy 4-0 victory over Gauhati Town Club.

Last Wednesday, Shillong Lajong FC U15 hosted Rangdajied United FC U15. Both teams played hard in the first half, and it ended without any goals being scored. As soon as the second half started however, things got interesting. Larikupar Kharphuli lobbed the ball passed the goalie, giving Rangdajied United a 1-0 lead in the 46th minute. In the 67th minute, Diego Khyriem scored Rangdajied United’s second goal of the day, increasing their lead. In the 85th minute, Mebanjop Warjri landed the ball in the top right corner, and the game ended 3-0 in favour of Rangdajied United.

Gauhati Town Club U15 played against Royal Wahingdoh FC U15 on Thursday. Royal Wahingdoh were quick off the whistle, and scored their first goal in the 3rd minute when Bhabokstar Shyrkon kicked the ball past the goalie. In the 24th minute, top scorer Rheadolf Nelson Nongneng Daloi netted the ball, giving Royal Wahingdoh a 2-goal advantage. In the 80th minute, Modester Matlai scored a third goal for Royal Wahingdoh, giving them a convincing 3-0 win.

Last Friday, SAI-Guwahati U15 met Guwahati FC U15 at SAI Centre, Paltan Bazaar. Raikut Shisha Buam kicked the ball past the goalie in the 31st minute, and gave SAI-Guwahati a one goal advantage. The second half was completely goalless, and the match ended 1-0 in favour of SAI-Guwahati.

On Sunday, Rangdajied United FC met Gauhati Town Club U15 at Mawlai Club Ground. In the 44th minute, Uday Shankar Bora netted the ball off a pass from Hem Tom, giving Gauhati Town Club a one goal advantage. In the second half, two quick goals by Hanglen Y Chang and Mohammed Ali Quraisy in the 69th and 76th minute respectively, gave Gauhati Town Club an easy 3-0 victory over Rangdajied United FC.

On Monday afternoon, Shillong Lajong FC U15 met SAI-Guwahati U15 at the Mawlai Club Ground. Within the first 25 minutes, SAI-Guwahati’s Ripunjoy Deori beat the goalkeeper and gave his team a one goal advantage. Both teams played hard in the second half, but the game ended 1-0 in favour of SAI-Guwahati.

With 3 weeks of matches left to be played, here’s a look at the Group D table right now:

U15 Youth League Group D

We’re quite excited to see how Group D does over the next 3 weeks, and we can’t wait for the matches to begin in Groups E and F!